Bleu Cheese Crusted Filet Mignon. Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese Crust is a butter-tender, juicy and decadent steak topped with an unforgettable blue cheese crust and cooked to perfection. Blue Cheese Crusted Filet Mignon With Port Wine Sauce. Blue Cheese-Crusted Filet Mignon. with brown butter mash and asparagus.
This takes the traditional combination of beef filet mignon and blue cheese and gives it a spin by substituting bison. The meat and crust may be. Sous vide filet mignon cooked medium rare finished with a blue cheese crust. You can have Bleu Cheese Crusted Filet Mignon using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bleu Cheese Crusted Filet Mignon
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 4 of Filet Mignon.
- It’s 2 clove of Fresh Garlic (minced).
- You need 2 small of Shallots- minced (found near onions).
- You need 3/4 cup of Red Wine (dry).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Beef Stock.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Panko Bread Cumbs.
- You need 5 oz of Bleu Cheese Crumbles (divided into 1/3's).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Blackening Season.
- Prepare of Salt, Pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Parsley Chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fresh Rosemary Chopped.
Combine the crust ingredients to look like a wet, sand texture and coat top of the steak. Filet Mignon with Melted Blue Cheese SauceFavorite Family Recipes. Filet mignon is prized for its extreme tenderness, not for its rather bland flavour. Preparation Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
Bleu Cheese Crusted Filet Mignon step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Combine panko bread crumbs, 2/3 of Bleu cheese crumbles, and parsley. (Set aside).
- Get gas-grill heated on med-high (you can also use a sauté pan for this step, but I prefer to use the grill.).
- Salt and pepper filets, use some of blackening seasoning if you want to spice it up. Then grill each side of filets for 5-8 minutes depending on thickness…This will produce a med-rare…longer times means more cooked..
- Put cooked filets in baking pan. Top with bleu cheese/panko/parsley mixture. Set aside..
- Sautée shallots and garlic with butter until soft in a large sauté pan. Add wine and reduce..
- Add beef stock and rosemary, simmer stirring occasionally and reduce by half..
- Add 1/3 blue cheese and mix into sauce until blended. Keep warm..
- Put topped filets in oven and brown the bleu cheese topping. About 5-7 minutes..
- Remove from oven, top plate with sauce then steak…next step…….
- ENJOY!! Don't forget to leave some feedback on how it turns out ;).
Skip to Parmesan-Crusted Filet Mignon content. Add garlic, butter, panko, and Parmesan cheese to a small bowl. Mash mixture together using a fork until well combined; set aside. Blue cheese-crusted filet mignon. (thing). by ccunning. Preheat your skillet over the burner at high heat.