Smoked BBQ Beans. In this video I show you how I prepare some homemade BBQ beans and smoke them in a Weber Smokey Mountain. The recipe itself comes from a recipe of Mike. Old School Barbecue Baked Beans – this simple recipe uses pork & beans and gets smoked on a BBQ Pit for hours to get that sweet, smoky flavor.
Make the most out of your leftover brisket! These beans are easy to make and pack serious flavor! Central BBQ is an award-winning barbecue restaurant based out of Memphis, TN. You can cook Smoked BBQ Beans using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoked BBQ Beans
- Prepare 7 slices of thick cut peppered bacon (cut in 1/2).
- You need 1/2 of large yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 3-4 of large jalapeños, diced.
- You need 81 oz of (1 lg can and 1 med can) Pork & Beans.
- It’s 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (I use Famous Dave’s).
- You need 2/3 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 3 tbs of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 3 tbs of dark molasses.
Marinated slow-smoked pulled pork on a bed of tortilla chips topped w/ BBQ sauce, cheese sauce, shredded. I would like to add smoked BBQ Beans to the menu. So Im looking for an easy recipe that I can put into an aluminum pan and let it sit in the smoker while the butts are in there with it. "Secret Sauce" BBQ Baked Beans BBQ Baked Beans with perfect blend of mustard from the Carolinas, tomato & ketchup from Kansas, vinegar & molasses from Memphis.
Smoked BBQ Beans step by step
- First and foremost, prepare your smoker and bring to a solid 250°. Add several soaked chunks of your favorite hardwood, I find apple to be the best all-around smoking..
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon pieces for 2 to 3 minutes per side, long enough to render fat, but not long enough to crisp thoroughly. Remove the bacon to a plate with a paper towel..
- In the leftover bacon grease, add the onions and jalapeños and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently until they have softened and the onions are slightly translucent..
- After onions and jalapeños are ready, add the cans of pork and beans (liquid and all) into the skillet. Add in the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, cider vinegar, mustard, and molasses. Stir to combine. Place the slices of bacon on top of the beans..
- Place skillet on smoker grate and cook uncovered for about 3 hours. Beans should be pretty thick by about that time. Remove from the smoker and serve well hot..
Smoky, hearty black bean burger with sweet potato, mushrooms, quinoa, and pecans. The ultimate veggie burger for the grill or. Step up your next cookout with this recipe for the ultimate BBQ baked beans featuring a kiss of Bourbon. This will arguably result in the best baked beans you've ever had, certain to wow your guests. These smoky barbecue beans aren't the over-sweet, molasses-y ones you're used to.