Arrabiata Meat Sauce.
You can have Arrabiata Meat Sauce using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Arrabiata Meat Sauce
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of medium yellow onions.
- Prepare 2 lbs of meatball mix (beef, pork, veal ground mix).
- Prepare 6 links of hot Italian sausage.
- Prepare 3 (28 oz) of cans Cento crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (12 oz) of can Cento tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 (12 oz) of cans diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 6 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 6 tablespoons of grated Parmesan.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 4-6 of bay leaves.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
Arrabiata Meat Sauce instructions
- Sauté diced yellow onions and garlic in a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes..
- Add meat (open sausage links and add just the contents) and sauté until most of the pink has disappeared. Stir well to separate meat into small bits..
- Add the cans of crushed tomatoes, the tomato paste, diced tomatoes (with their juices), Parmesan, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, and salt and pepper..
- Let simmer on low for at LEAST 2 hours (ideally 4) stirring every 20 minutes or so. Do a taste test about an hour before sauce is done (but not before two hours) and add more salt/seasoning to taste..
- Serve over any pasta you like! (Note: remove any bay leaves when serving). Leftovers freeze well and can be defrosted and reheated for easy weekday meals..