Vickys Lentil & Pepper Bake GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Lentil & Pepper Bake GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Lentil & Pepper Bake GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 100 grams (1 cup) of dry puy or green lentils.
- You need 600 ml of vegetable stock.
- You need 4 of red bell peppers, deseeded & chopped.
- Prepare 1 of cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped.
- Prepare 400 grams of can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tsp of basil.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
- It’s of grated cheese – I use 'Violife', a vegan & soy-free brand.
Vickys Lentil & Pepper Bake GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently cook the onions over a medium-low heat until almost translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook a minute or two before stirring in the dried lentils and stock.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down and let simmer for 25 minutes or until the lentils are cooked and have absorbed mostly all of the stock.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and lightly grease a 9"x 13" casserole dish.
- Mix the peppers, apple chopped tomatoes and basil into the lentils and season with a shake of salt & pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and top with as much or as little cheese as you like.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving with a side salad or some crusty bread.