Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions.
You can cook Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions
- It’s of Caper-Walnut Quinoa.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of quinoa.
- It’s 1/2 cup of walnut pieces.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of capers.
- Prepare 2 tsp of caper liquid.
- It’s 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- You need of Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- You need 4 of scallions, roots removed, whites and greens separated, chopped.
- Prepare 6 of leaves of swiss chard, leaves and stalks separated, both cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chickpeas, cooked.
Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degress F. Heat a small-medium saucepot over low heat. Add quinoa and toast for 4-5 minutes while stirring. Add 1 1/4 cups of water to pot. Bring water to a boil, cover, and lower heat to medium-low. Simmer until quinoa has absorbed all of the liquid. Leave covered, remove from heat, and set aside..
- Scatter walnuts on a large cookie sheet or baking pan. Toast in oven for 6-8 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from oven, and reserve..
- Once the quinoa has cooled for 6-8 minutes, stir in the butter, capers, walnuts, salt and pepper..
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add half of the olive oil, then add the white part of the scallions. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add chard greens and stems and chickpeas, and cook for another 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Divide the quinoa on two plates. Top with the chard-chickpea mixture. Drizzle the remaining olive oil, caper liquid and scallion greens around the plate and on the quinoa, chard, and chickpeas. Enjoy!.