Smoky-sticky stir-fried rice and tofu bowl. This sticky rice recipe is similar to the sticky rice with chicken (lo mai gai) we already have on the blog Mix well, using a scooping motion with your metal wok spatula to ensure the rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the wok. Add the rest of the sauce and stir-fry until the sticky rice is uniform in color. Turn off heat and add cooked sticky rice.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you've claimed yourself not a tofu fan, you probably just haven't had tofu the. Tofu fried rice is one of the easy dishes that I cook most frequently during the week. You can have Smoky-sticky stir-fried rice and tofu bowl using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoky-sticky stir-fried rice and tofu bowl
- You need 140 g of firm tofu.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown rice, cooked in 3/4 cup vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1/2 of red pepper, sliced.
- Prepare 1 (5 g) of teaspoon dried mango.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of light soya sauce (no sugar added).
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Sesame oil to cook.
- Prepare of Spring onions and sesame seed for garnish.
And it makes a satisfying one-bowl meal that provides me energy I always use extra firm tofu for my fried rice. It holds its shape during the stir fry, produces a crispy surface. Another way to prepare this smoky tofu recipe is into slices rather than cubes, and you can serve them in sandwiches! Marinate it just as you would the cubes, then dry fry on a pan and voila, you have added an amazing flavor packed ingredient to take your school or work lunches to the next level!
Smoky-sticky stir-fried rice and tofu bowl instructions
- Blend the mango, garlic, ginger, white pepper, 1 tablespoon water and soya sauce to create your marinade..
- Dress your tofu in half the sauce for a few hours..
- Stir fry the tofu for 5 minutes at low heat and move into a bowl..
- Add oil to your wok, once hot, add the peppers, tofu and brown rice and mix well..
- Add the remaining sauce and salt and stir-fry for 5 minutes at high heat. Let the mix char slightly and switch off the gas..
- Garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds..
These Spicy Peanut Tofu Bowls are a meal prep / weeknight dinner life-saver! Crispy tofu, roasted veggies, rice, and a spicy peanut sauce all over top. And it is complex in salty-sweet flavor and sticky-crunchy texture, and loaded with nutritious good stuff, but also quite simple. A quick and easy stir-fried kimchi rice cakes recipe that's satisfyingly chewy and sticky packed with umami and smokey flavours. [optional] Bonito flakes are paper thin shavings of a fermented and smoked tuna that are high in umami and smoky flavours. They go great as a garnish on any kind of.