Shaved Brussels with Toasted Walnuts and Fresh Pomegranate.. In this recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate Molasses, tender roasted sprouts are topped with sweet, rich homemade pomegranate molasses, toasted walnuts and fresh pomegranate arils. This beautiful dish is filled with texture and flavor, a delightful side for a holiday gathering. Vegetables, Brussels Sprout, Pomegranate Molasses, Pomegranate Seed, Walnut, Side Dish, Fall, Spring, Winter.
No more boiling them into cabbage-y oblivion. I love how the pomegranate molasses sweetly cuts through the earthiness of the sprouts; there's a nice crunch from the walnuts, and the shanklish. Crispy roasted brussels sprouts mixed with toasted chopped walnuts, sweet pomegranate seeds, drizzled with a light lemon Dijon vinaigrette. You can cook Shaved Brussels with Toasted Walnuts and Fresh Pomegranate. using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shaved Brussels with Toasted Walnuts and Fresh Pomegranate.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of Fresh Brussels Sprouts (Shaved).
- Prepare 1 cup of Toasted Walnuts (preferably toasted yourself then cooled and crumbled).
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Fresh Pomegranate Seeds.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Flat Leaf Italian Parsley (Coarsely chopped.).
- You need 2 stick of Fresh Celery (Trimmed and sliced thinly on the diagonal).
- You need 3/4 cup of Crumbled Macedonian Feta (Whichever Feta you prefer, really).
- Prepare of Vinaigrette.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 1/2 pinch of Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Good Olive Oil (May need more, depending on your taste).
- You need 4 1/2 tbsp of Freshly Squeezed Meyer Lemon Juice (Again according to your taste).
In a large bowl, whisk together the pomegranate molasses, extra virgin olive oil, harissa, and garlic. The Brussels sprouts are just a handful, pulled out from the family dinner stores, and they can easily be replaced with other greens or vegetables that you Add in the walnuts and toast lightly. The goat cheese topper seals the deal. Toss the salad: In a large bowl, combine the shaved sprouts, the reserved orange segments, and the pomegranate seeds, add the vinaigrette.
Shaved Brussels with Toasted Walnuts and Fresh Pomegranate. instructions
- Toast walnuts in oven at 350° until slightly golden. DO NOT over cook them. Once you can smell them, they're done. Often only 3-6 minutes. Watch closely! (Set aside to cool).
- Trim the ends off of the Brussels and remove outer leaves. Cut in half and slice thinly to create a 'shaved' texture. You can use a mandoline if needed, however Brussels are often too small to use a mandoline efficiently..
- Toss Brussels into a bowl with cooled Walnuts, Pomegranate seeds, parsley and celery..
- In a mason jar mix together ingredients for vinaigrette and shake until well combined. (You could also use a bowl and whisk for this, I just think the jar method is quick and easy).
- Dress the salad to your liking and transfer to serving platter. Sprinkle the top with crumbled Feta and enjoy!!.
This pomegranate shaved Brussels sprout salad tastes like a bowl of vibrant confetti, and will leave you glowing from the inside out. It's a study in texture contrasts: the feathery shaved Brussels, the pop of the Pomegranate seeds, and the bright crunch of the apple. I recently made a kale and shaved Brussels sprouts salad with a lemon, olive oil, shallot, and garlic dressing. This recipe turns every Brussels sprout recipe I've ever made on its head. The dressing is light and zesty.