" Cranberry Walnut Biscotti ". To be completely honest, this version of Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Walnut Biscotti was my own attempt at copying a similar biscotti recipe from back in my Hawaii days. There's something obnoxiously satisfying about making your own biscotti. Biscotti Brothers' biscotti are faithfully baked twice in the historic tradition of Italy.
Biscotti Brothers' biscotti are faithfully baked twice in the historic tradition of Italy. For the first bake, we shape the dough into a flattened log. The log is then sliced into individual cookies and baked again. You can have " Cranberry Walnut Biscotti " using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of " Cranberry Walnut Biscotti "
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/8 of tsp.salt.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of chopped walnuts- toasted.
- Prepare 1 cup of dried cranberries, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips.
- You need 1 tsp of shortening.
" Cranberry Walnut Biscotti " step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- In large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder & salt..
- In a small bowl whisk eggs & vanilla. Add dry ing. Just until moistened.Fold in walnuts & cranberries. ( dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough in half. On a greased baking sheet. With lightly floured hands. Shape into 10 x2-1/2" retangle. Bake. 20-25 min. Until golden brown..
- Remove from oven. Let cool 10 min. Transfer to cutting board . Cut diagonally into 1" slices. Place cut side down on baking sheet. Bake 8-10 min. Flip to other side . Bake 8-10 min . Again. Let cool..
- In microwave , melt chocolate & shortening. Stir till smooth. Drizzle over cut biscotti. Let chocolate firm up. Store in air tighr container..