Plaintain Breaded Red Snapper.
You can have Plaintain Breaded Red Snapper using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Plaintain Breaded Red Snapper
- You need of Plantain Crumbs.
- It’s 3 each of Plantain.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable Oil.
- It’s of Red Snapper or Swai.
- You need 5 of Fillets.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sea Salt.
- You need 1 pinch of white pepper for each fillet.
- You need of coconut egg wash.
- You need 1 can of Coconut Milk.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Coconit extract( be careful can ruin if too much).
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need of Garnish.
- You need 1 cup of Mango Salsa (I make my own but you can sub for pico).
- You need 1 tsp of to taste after cooking.
Plaintain Breaded Red Snapper step by step
- take half of coconut milk in bowl and place fish in for 15-20 min whil cooking plaintains.
- heat oil in sauteed pan.
- while heating quickly peel and THINLY slice plaintains like potato chip then cook till slightly brown.
- take out place on paper napkin to soak up access grease sprinkle a bit of salt for taste.
- place in food processor and gring till in breadcrumbs consistency and set aside.
- Mix the remainder of coconut milk with eggs and extract, mix well.
- take fish out of bowl pat dry.
- line up your wash and Plantain crumbs.
- Place.fish in coconut wash then coat with crumbs and repeat with all fillets.
- heat sauce pan on medium high use tbl spoon of veggie oil or clarified butter.
- once oil is hot place fish in pan and sear on each side for 7 min on each side.
- This Item would go well with a cilantro rice and black beans or red beans and rice, I like to also make a lemon butter sauce to compliment the sweet taste of coconut, ENJOY!.