Mini cinnamon rolls with cranberry walnut compote. Soft and fluffy cinnamon rolls with walnuts and cream cheese glaze. They're best eaten slightly warm, when all the wonderful tastes are awake! Who doesn't love cinnamon rolls, right?
Give these Mini Cinnamon Rolls a try and you'll fall in love with their tender, sweet centers and irresistible cream cheese frosting! Instead of making big cinnamon rolls, we decided to try Mini Cinnamon Rolls! These are perfect for parties because one batch makes two dozen bite-size rolls. You can have Mini cinnamon rolls with cranberry walnut compote using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mini cinnamon rolls with cranberry walnut compote
- It’s 1 packages of mini cinnamon rolls.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- It’s 16 oz of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 packages of cranberries.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
This is the BEST cinnamon roll recipe. Everyone that tries this recipe never makes another one! These homemade cinnamon rolls are the BEST! Everyone that makes them falls in love!
Mini cinnamon rolls with cranberry walnut compote step by step
- Bake the cinnamon rolls as directed on package.
- As the rolls are baking place butter in a pot and melt when butter is melted place walnuts cook them till you start to smell them toasting add both sugars and half of the bag of cranberries vanilla and nutmeg and cook on med to medium low flame stirring and cooking till the cranberries are nice and soft and released there juices for me it took about 10 min or so.
- Now once the cinnamon rolls are done baking place the remaining cranberries in the pot and cook for another 3 to 4 min you want those berries to stay whole.
- Now top the rolls with compote and serve.
They are great for breakfast, brunch, and holidays. These cookies have more cranberries than the cranberry almond biscotti I made a few months ago. I've had a thing for cranberries and walnuts lately. I've been adding them to salads and pan fried brussels sprouts. Crisp buttery cookies with cranberries, walnuts, and a hint of cinnamon.