Caramelized Onions on Smoked Sausage. Then top the sausage dogs with a big scoop of caramelized onions! Top each sausage dog with some crispy onions and fresh parsley and you are ready to rock and roll! They sausage dogs are a really nice switch-up and I love the spicy flavors of the Andouille smoked sausage with the creaminess of the cheese and the sweetness of the onions.
If you do decide to use a leaner sausage like turkey or chicken, you'll have to add a tablespoon or two of olive oil to get the sausage to brown. Apples, onions, and grilled sausages make a perfect cool-weather meal. Serve with boiled or roasted new potatoes, a mix of fresh vegetables, and some warm crusty bread! You can cook Caramelized Onions on Smoked Sausage using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caramelized Onions on Smoked Sausage
- It’s 4 of sausage buns.
- Prepare 1 pound of smoked sausage.
- It’s 4 teaspoon of yellow prepared mustard.
- Prepare 4 teaspoon of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cup of caramelized onions see my recipe divided.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Increase the heat to medium-high and add the sausage. Caramelized onions add mouthwatering flavor to almost any dish. From quiches and pizza, to burgers and grilled cheese sandwiches, this is one ingredient that will take your cooking up to a new level. We'll show you step by step how easy it is to make mouthwatering caramelized onions on your stovetop.
Caramelized Onions on Smoked Sausage step by step
- Heat the oil add the sausages fry for 15 minutes covered. Add water and steam for 5 minutes covered. Just add water to the hot pan and cover it. Get the buns. Heat the onions..
- Add yellow prepared mustard to 2 and dijon to the other 2. Cut into half if you like so all can taste both. Also mayonnaise is good believe it or not. Add a bunch of onions on top and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Italian sausage is a great 'cheat' way to add a ton of flavor (I love mixing it in meatloaf, meatballs and adding to marinara sauce). Sweet or spicy Italian sausage can be used – again, cooks' choice. My other favorite topping is caramelized onions that is delicious paired with the sausage. Add sausage slices, and cook until brown. Remove sausage slices from skillet, and drain grease.