Pastelon. Pastelón de Plátano Maduro, or Sweet Plantain Lasagna, is a surprising combination of sweet and salty ingredients that unite into a highly addictive dish. Pastelón is a classic Puerto Rican dish made with layers of thinly-sliced plantains, ground beef, and cheese! Think of it as a Puerto Rican version of lasagna.
Pastelón is a Puerto Rican casserole dish layered like Italian lasagne made with exclusively sweet plantains, stuffed with mincemeat, vegetables, and bound together with beaten eggs. A common misconception is that cheese and tomato based-sauces are a component of this dish. Pastelón is a layered Puerto Rican casserole of plantains, cheese and picadillo, a tomato-based ground beef mixture seasoned with onions, peppers, herbs and spices. You can cook Pastelon using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pastelon
- Prepare 7 packages of Goya brand sweet tostones, thawed.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of -3 tbsp adobo (or to taste ).
- You need 2 of -3 tbsp black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of 8 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 1 small of can of tomato paste.
- Prepare 6 large of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 envelope of sazon.
- You need 1/4 cup of sofrito.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 medium of diced onion.
- Prepare 1 can of green beans, drained (optional).
- Prepare 1 1/2 packages of mixed colby jack shredded cheese.
Plantains Lasagna aka Pastelon – a Latin-Style (Puerto Rican) lasagna that is a combination of sweet and savory, with spiced beef, sandwiched in layers of plantains, and topped with cheese and or eggs. Pastelón de Plátano Maduro (Ripe Plantain Casserole) combines the delicate sweetness of ripe plantains, flavorful juicy beef filling, & melting cheese. Pastelón – this Puerto Rican lasagna is made with sweet slices of plantains instead of noodles Another Puerto Rican recipe for you – and this is one of my favorites! Pastelón de Plátano Maduro Dominicano: El suave dulzor del plátano maduro, la jugosa carne y abundante queso derretido lo hace un plato de ensueño.
Pastelon step by step
- Brown beef with all seasonings, sofrito, & onion. Then add tomatoes. Cook till some of liquid evaporates, then set aside..
- Preheat oven @ 375°. In a greased with butter 9×13 or lasagna pan, layer the tostones covering bottom of pan in 1 layer..
- Top with ground beef mixture, then green beans, & then cheese. Repeat for 2 more layers..
- Pour beaten eggs over whole dish, especially the corners. Fork so the egg can distribute through because it acts as a binder for cutting later (like lasagna)..
- Top with layer of cheese, cover with foil & bake for 30 – 40 minutes. Let stand for @ least 15 minutes before serving to make sure the egg binds it better. Then serve with green beans or salad..
Pastelón de plátano maduro is a Dominican dish composed of plantains, ground meat, cheese and herbs, that is popular throughout the Latin Caribbean. Pastelon de Platano Maduro (Dominican-Style Yellow Plantain Pie). this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Pastelon (Plantain Lasagna), It's Extremely Good and It's Not An Exaggeration… La yarora es un plato riquísimo y muy fácil de preparar. Es una especie de lassagna o pastelón, o quizás una. Savory and Sweet Plantain Pie Tonight, let this delicious Pastelón be the star of your dinner table!