Four cheese penne with mushrooms, pancetta and toasted walnuts. This cheesy pasta dish is comforting, hearty, delicious and—surprise!—meatless. Filling whole grains, low-fat protein and a touch of heat make this recipe a keeper! Creamy Penne with Mushrooms and Pancetta.
Saute the pancetta and lightly sauté the procciutto in a skillet. Put the fettuccine pasta in a warmed large shallow dish. Penne pasta baked with cremini mushrooms, chicken, pancetta and three cheeses: fontina, mozzarella and Parmesan. You can cook Four cheese penne with mushrooms, pancetta and toasted walnuts using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Four cheese penne with mushrooms, pancetta and toasted walnuts
- You need 1/2 lb of penne (or your choice of pasta).
- It’s 1 of boiling water.
- It’s 1 of handful of chopped walnuts.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pancetta (or bacon).
- Prepare 1/2 lb of mushrooms (I used portabella).
- You need 5 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 3 tbsp of cream cheese.
- You need 1 cup of of shredded cheeses (I used parmiggiano, pecorino and asiago).
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Pasta and sliced brussels sprouts make a good pair, the softened green shreds commingling with the chewy noodles in the sauce Here that sauce is a simple one with big flavors: pancetta, rosemary, garlic and chile The raw brussels are then added to the pan. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Toasted California walnuts add crunch to this light, flavorful, colorful pasta dish that features smoky pancetta and peppery arugula.
Four cheese penne with mushrooms, pancetta and toasted walnuts step by step
- Fill a large pan with water, bring to a boil and follow the directions on the pasta package for the cooking time..
- In a medium sized pan toast the chopped walnuts. Remove from pan and set aside..
- Next add the olive oil and pancetta. Let it brown. Then add the mushrooms. Once the mushrooms have cooked add the garlic, the thyme and freshly cracked pepper. Stir a few times, next add the wine..
- Before draining the pasta reserve 1/2 cup of the boiling pasta water. (If you are going to use more cheese that indicated above, reserve more water, about 1 cup.).
- Once you drain the pasta, add it to the pan, together with the cheeses, the reserved pasta water and salt. Stir quickly so that the cheeses will melt and become creamy. Next add the walnuts. Stir to combine. Serve immediately and enjoy!.
Divide the pasta evenly among four dinner plates, top with grated cheese and serve. These satisfying meatless burgers are loaded with mushrooms. Mushroom soup, stuffed mushrooms, chorizo penne with mushrooms, and chicken with a mushroom and marsala sauce have all appeared on the Stir the just-drained pasta into the sauce. Serve with parsley and fresh parmesan cheese. Will you give this creamy pancetta pasta recipe a go?