Pastelón de Platano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna).
You can cook Pastelón de Platano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna) using 6 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pastelón de Platano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna)
- You need 3 Cups of +/- Picadillo (I have a recipe for this).
- It’s 4-5 of Very Ripe Plantains.
- Prepare 1/2 inch of Oil in large skillet.
- It’s 2 Cups of Mozzarella or cheese of your choice.
- You need 3 of Eggs Beaten.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Milk.
Pastelón de Platano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna) step by step
- Preheat oil on med-high in skillet.
- Select Plantains such as these.
- Peel plantains and cut into thin slices lengthwise. Each Plantain should make 5-6 slices..
- Slicing the Plantains can be tricky. Here is a good method to use..
- Put Plantains in skillet a few at a time and cook on both sides until golden brown..
- When brown remove to plate with paper towels..
- When Plantains are fried, butter 13×13 casserole dish..
- Lay out Plantains on bottom leaving as little space as possible in-between..
- Put a layer as thick as you like of Picadillo on Plantains..
- Combine Milk with Beaten Eggs and add a thin layer on top of meat mixture..
- Put a layer of Cheese on top of Meat..
- Alternate layers as many as you wish. Commonly there are 3 layers of Plantains and 2 layers of Meat.
- Finish top layer with Plantains, Egg and Cheese.
- Bake in 350° oven for 30 minutes or until heated through. May want to broil momentarily to brown cheese..
- Allow to rest for a few minutes to make slicing easier..