Slow cooked lamb shanks. These slow cooked lamb shanks are meltingly tender and are braised in a rich red wine sauce. Super easy to make in the slow cooker OR on the stove! Place the lamb shanks in the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Greek Lamb Shanks are fall off the bone tender and rubbed in the best greek spices. Slow-cook shanks in red wine and tomato based sauce and serve with creamy mashed potatoes and steamed greens. Remove the lamb from the slow cooker; cover to keep warm. You can have Slow cooked lamb shanks using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow cooked lamb shanks
- You need of lamb shanks.
- Prepare of chopped tomatoes.
- You need of large carrots.
- It’s of onions.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- You need of fresh rosemary.
- Prepare of red wine.
- Prepare of chicken stock.
- It’s of spoons runny honey.
Braised in a slow cooker, these lamb shanks are falling-off-the-bone tender. Serve with buttery egg noodles, mashed potatoes or creamy polenta to soak up the flavorful sauce. Remove the lamb from the slow cooker and cover to keep warm. Serve the lamb with the sauce, instant polenta and steamed.
Slow cooked lamb shanks step by step
- Peel and chop the carrots and onions..
- In a hot pan. Brown the lamb shanks. When browned add to the slow cooker..
- Add the chopped tomatoes, onions, carrots and the wine to the hot pot..
- Add the chicken stock to the hot pot. If required top up with hot water until the shanks are just about covered..
- Drizzle the honey down the shanks..
- Add the bay leaves and rosemary to the pot. Cook for 5 hours on high or 6 and a half on medium heat..
- When the cooking time is finished remove the bay leaves and rosemary. Serve with choice of potatoes. I used steamed new potatoes..
This recipe for Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks makes a hearty, slow-cooked dish. The succulent lamb meat ends up, melt in your mouth tender and because it's made in the slow cooker, you can make it all year round without heating up the kitchen! Slow cooked lamb shanks were the very first dinner I made for my husband, when we first started dating. I was a nervous, skinny little thing at the time (still And I still love cooking it at home too. These balsamic slow cooker lamb shanks are just so wonderful to make.