Potato pancakes with smoked salmon. Crispy potato pancakes topped with caramelized onions, smoked salmon and dill sour cream. THE SERVING SIZE HAS BEEN CORRECTED! In a large nonstick skillet or on a griddle, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the mustard, vinegar and shallots. Whisk in the canola and olive oils to emulsify the dressing, and then fold in the capers and dill. Jackson Hole is one of my favorite places to visit. You can have Potato pancakes with smoked salmon using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato pancakes with smoked salmon
- It’s 1 lb of potatoes (I think I used Russet).
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- You need 1/2 of of a beaten egg.
- You need 1 tbs of flour.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Frying oil.
- It’s of Smoked salmon.
- You need of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Capers.
- You need of Fresh dill.
- It’s of Lemon wedges.
Beautiful vistas, great hiking and delicious food equals vacation nirvana in my mind. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Top each pancake with a dollop of the crème fraîche and a few slivers of salmon. Arrange on a serving platter, sprinkle with the chives and serve immediately.
Potato pancakes with smoked salmon step by step
- Shred the potatoes and onion into a bowl (I use a box grater)..
- Mix the grated potatoes and onion together, then squeeze the mix hard to get rid of as much moisture as you can (I do this by hand in batches)..
- Thoroughly mix the flour and 1/2 the beaten egg into the potato and onion mix. Season to taste..
- Heat the oil over high heat. I use soy bean oil and fill the saute pan with enough oil to cover the bottom of the saute pan with about 1/4 inch..
- Mold the mix into balls using your hands, place the balls in the oil, then press with a spatula to flatten them a bit..
- Cook on both sides until crispy and brown..
- Remove the pancakes from the oil and place on paper towels or metal drip rack to remove grease..
- Top with salmon, sour cream, dill, and capers, garnish plate with lemon wedges, and serve while pancakes are still warm..
- Bask in girlfriend's appreciation..
Arrange a couple of potato cakes on each plate and top with smoked salmon. Shell the eggs and place on top. This recipe was created by chef Todd Ginsberg of Atlanta restaurant The General Muir. Applesauce is a classic topping for potato pancakes, but all sorts of flavors pair wonderfully with fried potatoes, including this creative topping of smoked salmon with herbed sour cream. This simple but elegant recipe would be right at home at a Hanukkah gathering but it would also work for a cocktail party.