Burmese vegan tofu stir fried. How to make tofu stir fry – Step by step. Remove the tofu from the skillet and set aside. Transfer the tofu and veggies into a plate.
Served over coconut infused rice and a salad with tea leaf dressing. After turning over, add more oil if needed. Then let your vegan fried rice simmer for five minutes so the flavors can mix and the bottom of the rice can get just a little. You can cook Burmese vegan tofu stir fried using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Burmese vegan tofu stir fried
- You need 1/2 cup of besan.
- You need 1.5 cups of water.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric.
- Prepare 7-8 cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Onion salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Corn flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
Looking for a soy free tofu? I placed the fried cubes on top of a simple vegan stir fry I made tonight. A tofu-veggie stir fry made tasty with a simple technique that gives the tofu perfect texture and flavor. Serve over rice or on its own for a healthy and delicious weeknight meal.
Burmese vegan tofu stir fried instructions
- Mix turmeric and salt in besan..
- Add 1 cup water to besan and mix it nicely..
- Boil rest water in sauce pan and add the besan mix..
- Stir it continuously till it starts forming thin paper consistency at the edges..
- Once cooked add it to a greased box or plate. Maintain thick consistency..
- Rest it for 2-3 hour and cut it into desired shapes..
- Mix onion salt to cornflour. Coat the tofu pieces with corn flour..
- In a pan add oil and garlic paste..
- Pan fry the cornflour coated tofu in the garlic oil. Garnish with sesame seeds..
- Serve it with schewan and red chilli sauce..
More ways to prepare tofu for this dish: Fried crispy coated firm tofu, (like the kind in our Garlicky Cashew Broccoli & Tofu Stir-fry), is chewy and crisp, and the coating picks up plenty of sauce. Baked tofu, (like our Baked Sriracha and Soy Sauce Tofu), is chewy,flavourful, and easy to prepare. Burmese Tofu is much softer than the soy-based firm tofu used in that video. It also cannot stand up to a lot of liquidy sauce. Drain well and drizzle with oil to prevent sticking.