Sausage Veggie Baked Omelet. A delicious and easy baked sausage and cheese omelet. A great twist on a traditional omelet that's so easy to put together, let it bake in the oven for a perfect every time breakfast casserole the whole family will enjoy. Coat a small omelet pan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
Sausage Veggie Baked Omelet This latest batch of baked omelet used a lot of odds and ends I had hanging around in my fridge/freezer. The combination turned out very yummy. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper; pour over vegetable mixture. You can cook Sausage Veggie Baked Omelet using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sausage Veggie Baked Omelet
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 lb. of ground sausage.
- Prepare 1 of sweet potato, peeled and diced.
- It’s 1 of zucchini, diced.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 8 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/3 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of pepper, garlic powder, salt free all purpose seasoning.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
How To Make Sausage Veggie Omelet. First tip to a successful omelet…cook your fillings first! This omelet is chocked full of natural sausage, onions, fresh mushrooms, sweet peppers, and zucchini! Cook your sausage until brown and crumbly, drain on a paper towel.
Sausage Veggie Baked Omelet instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×13" baking pan very well and set it aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and seasonings and set it aside. Next get the olive oil heating up in a large skillet over medium heat..
- Once the oil is hot, add the sausage and cook, breaking it up as you go, until it's browned. Remove it and sprinkle it evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Then add the diced sweet potatoes to the skillet. Let them saute for about 5 minutes, then add in the peppers and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally another 5 or so minutes until the potatoes are almost tender and the onions and peppers have softened. Then add the zucchini and cook just a few more minutes, until it's all tender..
- Sprinkle the veggies evenly over the top of the sausage and sprinkle the cheese over the top of that. Pour the egg mixture over all of it. Bake for 21-25 minutes, until it's puffy and the center is set. Then remove it from the oven and let it sit a few minutes before slicing it up and serving it..
TIP: Try the Jimmy Deans All Natural Regular Sausage. It's super low in fat and. Recipe courtesy of the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council. Beat milk, flour, salt and eggs until smooth; pour over cheese. Why make an omelet for dinner?