Chocolate Walnut Cake with Rich Chocolate Butter-Cream Icing. Indulge yourself with this heavenly chocolate chip cake recipe that is super moist and fluffy. Perfect for a celebration or an afternoon snack! You can make them look beautiful without much effort.
The Perfect Chocolate Buttercream Frosting is definitely a must in my house! This Chocolate Buttercream is by far the best I've ever tasted and is frequently requested for birthday cakes and more! Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water (make sure the bowl isn 't touching the water). You can cook Chocolate Walnut Cake with Rich Chocolate Butter-Cream Icing using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Walnut Cake with Rich Chocolate Butter-Cream Icing
- You need 1 of (CAKE).
- You need 200 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 150 grams of Dark chocolate, chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Self raising flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Caster sugar.
- It’s 2 of Eggs, lightly beaten.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chopped walnuts.
- You need 1 of (ICING).
- Prepare 60 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Icing sugar.
- It’s 60 grams of Dark chocolate.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla essence.
This is my favorite chocolate buttercream recipe. It's incredibly rich, creamy, silky, smooth, and easy to work with for decorating Here we go! This is my favorite chocolate buttercream recipe. I'm tempted to call it a "basic" chocolate buttercream, but it's.
Chocolate Walnut Cake with Rich Chocolate Butter-Cream Icing instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 180*C..
- Brush a 20 x 5cm round cake tin with butter and line with grease paper..
- Place butter and chocolate (for cake) in a stainless mixing bowl and melt over a pot with boiling water..
- Stir until combined and remove from heat..
- Add flour, eggs, sugar & milk to mixture- whisk until smooth before folding in nuts..
- Pour mixture into prepared tin, smooth the surface and place into oven for 55 minutes (or until it passes the skewer test) then remove from oven..
- Allow cake 5 minutes in cake tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. Now you can work on your rich chocolate icing..
- (ICING) Place chocolate, butter & icing into a stainless steal mixing bowl and melt over a pot with boiling water. Remove from heat..
- Add icing sugar and whisk with hand mixer until smooth. Allow to cool. If you've timed it right, icing will harden just enough to spread over cooked cake..
- Sprinkle some chopped walnuts and choc chips over the top and enjoy with a nice hot coffee!.
In each creamy, melty, smooth, rich, chocolatey, peanut buttery serving, you get protein, vitamins, antioxidants, and healthy fats – all while thinking you're eating. Rich, moist and very hard to tell this chocolate cake is grain free. I always frost my cakes with a classic buttercream. You just can't do much better If you cannot consume butter, I recommend making a double batch of this chocolate buttercream frosting. Chocolate buttercream frosting has always been an item on my grocery list rather than a recipe in my baking repertoire.