Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola). Tender and moist gluten free banana cake that's made easily in one bowl with a rice flour blend, and a sweet cream cheese frosting. This banana cake is softer and more tender than my recipe for the perfect one bowl gluten free banana bread (a recipe I've been making in one form or another for over. This gluten free banana cake is ideal for using up those over-ripe bananas.
The ingredients below call for a commercial gluten free flour and I. Gluten Free Banana Cake – With Lighter Option! Almond Flour Banana Cake – This easy banana cake is the perfect way to use up overripe bananas! You can have Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola) using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola)
- Prepare 2 of large ripe plantains(as ripe as possible).
- Prepare 4-5 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of clarified butter or ghee.
- Prepare pods of Cardamom 4 to 5 no.s.
- It’s of Cashew nuts as needed to decorate.
- It’s of Raisins as needed to decorate.
Gluten free, paleo friendly, and absolutely amazing! My kids go through phases with bananas. And of course, if you're not gluten free just sub whole wheat pastry or all purpose for the. All gluten-free flours and blends behave differently.
Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola) instructions
- Cut the plantains length wise. Remove the seeds from inside and chop it into small pieces. Add 2 to 3 tbsp of sugar (depending on the sweetness of banana) and keep it aside.
- Fry 5 to 6 cashew nuts and raisins in ghee and keep it aside. This is used to garnish the banana cake..
- Heat a non stick pan with 3 to 4 tbsp of clarified butter or ghee. When the ghee starts to become hot, add the chopped bananas and cook it in low to medium flame until it is light golden brown in color and cooked well. Turn off the heat and wait it till the mixture cools down..
- In a separate bowl, break 4 large eggs, add 3 tbsp of sugar, 4 cardamom pods, a pinch of salt (to balance the sweetness) and 1/4 cup milk. Blend this mixture very well using a folk or by using a blender..
- Add the chopped bananas into the egg- milk batter and mix well to form a batter. At this point you may check the sweetness in the batter and add more sugar as per your taste..
- Heat a non stick pan, add few tbsp of ghee to it. When it becomes hot, pour the batter to it. Cover the pan and cook it in very low heat. When the top portion is about set,place the fried cashews and raisins on the top. This is done so that it won’t submerge inside the batter. Close the lid and continue to cook the batter in low heat..
- Wait till the top sets and side starts to become brown or starts to detach from the pan. It might take about 10-15 mins. The cake will be cooked when the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- At this point demould the cake to a plate and reverse it. Put it back into the pan with the top facing down. This will allow the top side to cook and change the color to golden brown. Keep it for 5 mins or so. Make sure to do this step in low heat as well. Your banana cake is now ready. Serve hot with coffee !.
So if you use a different flour (or several different Bake until a cake tester inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Also check the very top of the loaf for doneness. This Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Cake is amazingly moist, sweet, fragrant and fruity. Topped with rich cream cheese frosting! For a nut-free version: replace the ground almonds (almond meal/almond flour) with ground sunflower seeds.