Carrot Walnut Muffins. These carrot muffins are my favorite snack during the day. Walnuts and shredded coconut take these muffins to the next level, but you can skip them or replace some of it with raisins or pecans. I use muffin papers but you could grease muffin pans if you prefer.
Carrots and orange juice concentrate pair up in these moist vegan carrot muffins, providing a dose of vitamins A and C, as well as an enticing golden color. Stir in the carrots, dried fruit, and walnuts. A rich, moist muffin packed with whole wheat, oatmeal, raisins, carrots, pineapple, coconut, and a cream cheese surprise baked right in the center! You can cook Carrot Walnut Muffins using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot Walnut Muffins
- It’s 3 of Carrots, shredded.
- You need of Walnuts.
- It’s of Raisins, pecans, flaked almonds, flaked coconuts (optional).
- You need of Dry ingredients.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of All purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need of Wet ingredients.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
Added a dash of nutmeg handful of ground walnuts. Share: Rate this Recipe Then stir in the carrots, raisins, and walnuts until just mixed through. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Add in grated carrots and half of the chopped walnuts.
Carrot Walnut Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 200° celsius..
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and sift it all together..
- Add shredded carrots, walnuts and optional garnishing to the mixture and toss well..
- Combine wet ingredients in another bowl and add it to the flour mixture, stirring until the batter is well combined..
- Divide batter among the muffin cups, filling them three fourths full. Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes until puffed..
- For a gluten free vegan recipe, the following items can be replaced. All purpose flour – 1/2 almond meal+ 1 cup gluten free flour blend. Sugar – 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup + 3 mashed dates. Milk – plain almond milk unsweetened. Eggs can be avoided and mashed bananas can be added..
Pour the batter into the individually-lined muffin tin. Allow to cool completely before frosting. I love these muffins for so many reasons. How to Make Healthy Carrot Muffins. Healthy carrot muffins that are naturally sweetened, moist and fluffy.