You can have Baklava Cake using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baklava Cake
- It’s 3 cups of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 2 cup of honey.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of boxed cake mix I used a yellow buttery cake mix.
Baklava Cake instructions
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the cake mix with 3 eggs, water, and butter, instead of oil. Bake per instructions on box. I used two, eight inch cast iron skillets, to bake in. So measure the cake batter out before starting to pour. Equal amounts in both..
- Crush the walnuts a bit and set aside..
- In a pot, combine walnuts, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 cups honey, and Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved, add the vanilla extract, then reduce heat and boil additional 4 min without stirring. Remove from heat and let syrup cool..
- When the cakes come out of oven, move one to a plate, leave the other in the skillet or pan. The one removed will be the bottom..
- Add honey mixture to the bottom cake, along with half the honey mixture. Premeasure before the cakes are done..
- Add top cake to the one with walnuts and honey which is on the plate..
- Add the rest of the walnuts and honey mixture to top. Let rest and cool..
- Cut into diamond or rectangle shapes, and serve or serve as traditionally cut cake..
- I hope you enjoy!.