Apple-walnut breakfast cake. This moist apple walnut cake is perfect for brunch. It gets its appeal from big chunks of sweet apples, nutty flavor and creamy frosting. This excellent moist cake recipe is good for snacks, packing in lunch boxes, and even breakfast on the run.
In this video you will learn step-by-step how to make this simple apple pie cake recipe. It's a quick and easy cake recipe to please your guests. Warm apples, cinnamon and chopped walnuts are what makes this time-tested recipe truly irresistible. You can have Apple-walnut breakfast cake using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple-walnut breakfast cake
- You need 1/2 cup of whole oat flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole spelt flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ground chia seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 cup of rolled oats.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of maple syrup.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped granny smith apples.
- It’s 1 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
This cake is also delicious cooled and dusted with. Apple Walnut Tea Cake. by: Chad Robertson. For this cake, the technique is to cut the fat into the flour, then gently mix in the wet ingredients. Cutting the fat into the flour creates small pockets of air in the finished tea cake as it bakes, yielding a lighter, more tender crumb.
Apple-walnut breakfast cake step by step
- Mix flours, Chia seeds, spices, baking soda, and oats together in one bowl..
- Mix yogurt, vanilla extract, eggs, and maple syrup in another bowl. Whisk until creamy and thick..
- Stir chopped apples into wet ingredients..
- Incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredient mixture. Do not overmix..
- Stir in raisins and walnuts, mix gently until incorporated. Do not overmix..
- Pour batter into a buttered 9×11 cake pan. Batter will be fairly thick. Tap the pan a few times to spread the batter around in the pan..
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan before slicing..
Then turn out onto a rack and let cool completely. High protein, no grains, low sugar with sweetener free option, gluten free, nut free, Paleo Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cake. This is a great breakfast option to make ahead of time so you can grab and go in the morning. This is definitely NOT the run-of-the-mill apple nut bundt cake. I came up with this recipe when I was once making a Fresh Apple Nut Cake and I didn't have any pecans, but I did have some black walnuts, so I used them instead.