Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Walnut Pesto. Hallelujah and glory be, this tomato-butter-garlic basil chicken combination was so utterly simple and perfect. The LAND O LAKES® European Style Super. If you're looking for a quick and easy and comforting meal, I think you should totally consider this Tomato Basil Chicken Stew.
Tomato Basil Chicken Fettuccine – A quick weeknight Italian pasta dish using fresh, simple ingredients that you already have on hand! Serve immediately, topped with chicken and. A simple basil and tomato mixture tops fried chicken in this excellent summer recipe! You can cook Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Walnut Pesto using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Walnut Pesto
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Walnut kernels.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Basil leaves, firmly packed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Grated lemon rind.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sundried tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Water.
- You need 4 of Chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 of Olive oil for frying.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Crushed garlic.
- You need 1 of (Smashed Canellini beans on the side).
- You need 2 can of (400g) cannellini beans, drained and washed.
- You need 1/3 cup of Chicken stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of Steamed veggies of your choice.
In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, onion, and basil. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Spoon over the fried chicken to serve. This is one of those meals that everyone in your family will love.
Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Walnut Pesto instructions
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced..
- Process walnut, basil and lemon rind in a small food processor until finely chopped..
- Add tomato and water. Process until thick and spreadable..
- Cut a horizontal slit in thickest part of each chicken breast to create a pocket, taking care not to cut all the way through. Fill pockets with pesto mixture. Use toothpicks to secure..
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with oil. Cook chicken for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a baking tray. Bake for 12 minutes until cooked through..
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic for 30 seconds. Add the beans and stock. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add juice. Coarsely mash. Season..
- Remove toothpicks. Slice chicken. Serve with Canellini bean smash and veggies. Enjoy!.
Cover the chicken with plastic wrap and pound each piece to an even thickness all around, about one inch or so in the thickest parts. Poultry, Basil, Chicken Cutlet, Mozzarella, Panko, Tomato, Dinner, Lunch, Weeknight, Main Course. Serve cutlets topped with a squeeze of lemon, a drizzle of remaining basil. Chicken thighs with rice is comfort food at its finest – this version is an Italian spin on the dish with a tomato basil rice that's fresh and vibrant. This time I've got a one pot chicken with tomato basil risotto.