Overripe plantain cake. I am super excited to bring you guys this recipe, I created it about two weeks ago because I had lots of excess plantains at home. Don't trash them, make this cake, you will be glad you did. Plantain Cake Recipe – Is your Kitchen overstock with over-ripe Plantains?
This Cinnamon Plantain Cake is an easy West African recipe that is full of flavour. As in overripe plantain on the kitchen counter, some cinnamon next to them, make a cinnamon plantain cake. I am super excited to bring you guys this recipe, I created it about two weeks ago because I had lots of excess plantains at home. You can have Overripe plantain cake using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Overripe plantain cake
- You need 3 of Over ripe plantain.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 100 ml of canola oil (or any other Vegetable oil of your choice).
- It’s 2 teaspoons of banana flavor.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of milk.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of rum.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s of Raisins.
Plantain Mosa is made with over-ripe plantains. This version of Plantain Mosa is puffy like Nigerian Puff Puff. Learn how to make yours right here. Plantain cake, made with shredded plantains and queso fresco, is a delightful Venezuelan dessert that is light and fluffy, but sweet. "A delicious cake my Venezuelan friend showed me how to make.
Overripe plantain cake instructions
- Cut over-ripe plantain into your blender cup.
- Break eggs into the blender cup and blend at high speed till thoroughly blended.
- In a clean bowl, add flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and sugar. Mix together.
- Preheat your oven at 200°.
- Pour the blended plantain & egg mixture into the flour mixture, add milk, Rum, banana flavor and vegetable oil.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Using some margarine grease your baking pan. Pour in the cake batter.
- Bake for 45minutes and check if it's done(if not bake for another 10 minutes.
- Bring out from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve with your desired dink or cocktail.
Fortunately, overripe plantains open up a whole new range of possibilities for this member of the banana family. In fact, you can take almost any recipe that features overripe bananas and replace the. Ripe plantains – As plantains ripen, the peel softens from green to yellow to black. Green plantains have a high starch content, which partially converts into. Peel the overripe plantain and mash with a fork till a good blend is achieved.