Kerala Style Ripe Plantains & Lentils Pudding.
You can have Kerala Style Ripe Plantains & Lentils Pudding using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kerala Style Ripe Plantains & Lentils Pudding
- It’s 3 of Ripe plantains / banana.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of Jaggery powder.
- It’s 100 gm of Split moong dal/yellow lentils.
- Prepare 4 cups of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Chukku podi/dry ginger powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Jeera powder / cumin powder.
- You need A handful, thinly sliced of Coconut slices.
- You need 1 handful of Cashew nuts.
- You need 1 handful of Raisins.
- It’s As needed of Ghee/clarified butter.
- You need As needed of Water.
Kerala Style Ripe Plantains & Lentils Pudding step by step
- In a saucepan, add the jaggery and allow it to completely dissolve. Strain it for impurities and keep it aside. Pressure cook the moong dal for 3-4 whistles and keep it aside to cool. Once cooled, open the lid of the pressure cooker and mash the dal roughly..
- Peel the skin of the plantains. Cut the plantains lengthwise and remove the inner seeds. In a grinder, grind the plantains into a smooth puree. Melt ghee in a nonstick pan. Add the plantain puree and fry until golden in colour and the plantains are cooked. Add the jaggery syrup to the cooked bananas and simmer until the banana mixture thickens..
- Add the dal and cook on low flame for 10 mins. Add the dry ginger powder, cardamom powder, & jeera powder and mix well. Add the coconut milk & allow it to simmer until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Remove from flame and keep aside. Heat ghee in a pan & fry the coconut pieces. Keep them aside..
- Fry the cashew nuts and raisins. Add the fried coconut, cashews, and raisins to the payasam along with 1 tsp of ghee. Cover with a lid to let the flavors infuse well. Serve warm or cold as desired..