Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu). Make a trip to the Asian market and make one of your favorite Chinese food Add the tofu and the eggplant and stir together gently so that the tofu and eggplant gets nicely Add more spicy bean sauce if needed. Whisk together the chicken stock mixture again and then pour. Get the recipe for Eggplant and Tofu Stir-Fry.
Mapo tofu is one of the top ten famous Chinese dishes and enjoys a high popularity among not only Chinese people but also many western countries. Mapo Eggplant is a spin on the Szechuan classic Mapo Tofu. Silky roasted eggplant is topped with a slightly spicy and garlicky bean sauce with ground A good rule to follow when preparing any kind of stir-fried dish is to prepare the sauce first. You can have Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu)
- Prepare 1 of eggplant wash and dry pat then diced into 1-2” cubes.
- It’s 1/2 of of silky tofu diced into small cubes.
- You need of Chopped/sliced green onion.
- Prepare of Minced garlic (3 cloves garlics).
- Prepare of Grated fresh ginger (1 tsp).
- It’s 1 of dates soaked in 1/4 cup water (you can substitute with sugar).
- You need 2 tsp of Gochujang (fermented red pepper paste) you can get it in any Asian store. (Less or more).
- You need of Mushrooms powder.
- It’s of Soy sauces.
- You need 1 tsp of cornstarch (less or more).
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
- You need of Water.
If you like your dishes really saucy, feel free to double this. This dish truly lights up all the senses. Try this easy-to-make recipe for yourself, and you will. When eggplant is stir-fried with lots of garlic and coated with a glossy, savory sauce that I can spoon over a big bowl of steamed rice.
Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu) instructions
- Using your skillet over medium high heat, roasted the eggplants until turning brown. Set aside..
- Meanwhile microwave the dates in 40 seconds. Smashed it and strained it..
- Still using the skillet add the dates liquid, garlics, ginger, mushrooms powder,gochujang paste, cayenne pepper, and soy sauce. Add more water, mixed well then add the tofu..
- Cover with the lid, and let it boiled..
- When the tofu mixture boiled add the eggplant, mixed well. Put in a simmer until the eggplant is cooked and tender..
- In a small bowl mixed the cornstarch and water. Pouring into the eggplant mixture, stir quickly, taste it and add the green onion. Turn off the heat..
- Then the spicy eggplant mapo tofu is ready to served along with steam rice or brown rice as your choice. Enjoy 😊.
The finishing touch is a big handful of basil leaves. Sweet and slightly spicy Thai basil is the perfect choice here, although regular Italian basil will work beautifully too. Mapo Tofu is a popular Chinese dish from Sichuan province. The classic recipe consists of silken tofu, ground pork or beef, fermented broad beans You might want to cook the eggplant first take it out, cook the meat, and add the eggplant back in. So you won't be stir frying eggplant for a long time.