Chinese style walnut cookie.
You can cook Chinese style walnut cookie using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese style walnut cookie
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/4 of walnut pieces.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
Chinese style walnut cookie step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 360, pre-toast walnuts in a dry pan with no oil on low heat.
- After walnut becomes fragrant turn off heat and cut into small pieces.
- Whisk oil, 1/4 egg and sugar in a mixing bowl. Save the rest of the egg batter for later..
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda and sift to a mixing bowl; then put in the walnut pieces and combine well..
- Pour #4 into #3, mix well and make dough, the dough should be a little moist..
- Divide into 12 small balls, and press down on the baking sheet..
- Brush generous amount of egg on top of cookies, cover the sides as well.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until top is golden yellow..