Mashed plantains #4weekchallenge. This mashed plantains recipe is stupid simple, versatile, and can be made in bulk With this mashed plantains recipe, I'm going back to basics. For both versions, the method is the same; the ingredients. Mangú is the best known and most representative dish of the Dominican breakfast, one you should most certainly try. mofongo dominicano (mashed plantains) Side Dish Caribbean.
They are very starchy, which makes them excellent for mashing and frying (just like potatoes). Mashed Plantains are a tasty twist on a mash potato recipe, and it's my go-to recipe for green, unripe plantains. If you're in a potato rut. You can cook Mashed plantains #4weekchallenge using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mashed plantains #4weekchallenge
- You need of Plantains (green bananas).
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Butter or margarine.
The Best Mashed Plantains Recipes on Yummly Mangú (mashed Plantains), Plantain Mash, Spicy Mashed Matoke (plantains). Sprinkle plantains with pepper and salt. Place plantains on baking sheet, cut Remove from oven, mash plantains directly on baking sheet, with potato masher, until smooth with.
Mashed plantains #4weekchallenge step by step
- Peel and clean the bananas in salty water..
- In a sufuria, boil the bananas until well cooked..
- Drain any remaining water and mash the bananas as smooth as possible..
- Once done, salt them and add 2 tbsp of butter or margarine and mix well to incorporate..
- Serve and enjoy. I had mine with pan fried cabbage and pork..
Mash hot plantains on baking sheet with a potato masher until somewhat smooth (some large chunks should remain). The plantain's dense texture makes this a particularly hearty side dish. Our version is a rather coarse mash Make sure your plantains are ripe. This is what ripe looks like… the blacker they get, the. Mix into the plantains; add enough of the reserved liquid until creamy.