Baklava. This heavenly Baklava combines honey-soaked layers of flaky phyllo pastry with spiced walnuts. It's a great make-ahead dessert perfect for the holidays or special occasions. Tahinli Cevizli Kuru Baklava Tarifi – Hazır Yufkayla Rulo Baklava Kurabiyesi.
It is made of layers of phyllo dough filled with chopped nuts, such as walnuts, almonds, or pistachios, and sweetened with syrup or honey. Baklava uses phyllo dough stacked with honey and nuts to make a sweet Mediterranean dessert that everyone will love. Make sauce while baklava is baking. You can have Baklava using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baklava
- You need 1 package of phyllo dough, thawed.
- You need 1-1 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1-2 cup of pecans (or any other nut).
- It’s 2-4 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Boil sugar and water until sugar is melted. Baklava is a delicious phyllo pastry popular in Middle Eastern countries. Its supposed origins are My first time I just made a mess of dried out phyllo and butter and the baklava tasted wonderful regardless. Easy baklava recipe made with layers of honey-soaked New to making baklava from scratch?
Baklava step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 F..
- Spread a layer of melted butter on the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Place 2 sheets of phyllo dough over it and spread them with butter. Repeat this process until you have 6-8 sheets layered..
- Combine the nuts and the cinnamon..
- Set aside about 8 sheets of phyllo dough, making sure to put a damp cloth over them. Repeat step 2, but sprinkle a small handful of nuts each time as well. Do this for your remaining phyllo dough. At some point, you may need to prepare more cinnamon nuts or melt more butter..
- Once that stack of phyllo runs out, start layering with no nuts as in step 2 with the reserved phyllo. Be sure to butter the top well to prevent it from burning!.
- Using a sharp knife (dull knives will tear it apart), trim the excess phyllo off the edges and cut the baklava. You can cut it in squares, triangles, diamonds, and probably more, but I usually go with squares for simplicity..
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown – keep an eye on it, as it can go from light brown to burnt within 5 minutes..
- While it is baking, prepare the glaze. Combine the water and sugar in medium saucepan. Bring to medium heat. When the sugar is fully dissolved, add the honey and vanilla. Simmer for 20 minutes..
- Pour glaze over baklava – it should bubble and boil and seep into it. Let cool..
- Cut the baklava again, as the glaze can become slightly gummy as it cools. Enjoy! Optional: Transfer into cupcake liners for easier transport and eating..
This easy step-by-step tutorial and expert tips will help you make the BEST honey baklava every single time! This honey baklava is flaky, crisp and tender and I love that it isn't overly sweet. It's basically a party in your mouth. I am a huge fan of baklava and this is the BEST baklava recipe I have ever tried. The iconic Baklava is astonishingly straight forward to make!