Baked jalapeño poppers. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Jalapeño Popper Notes & Tips How to slice your peppers. Most jalapeño popper recipes suggest slicing the jalapeños in half, but there is a better way!
These jalapeno poppers are stuffed with a spiced mixture of cream cheese and white cheddar cheese, then baked until the cheese is nice and melty. This is the ultimate game day or party treat! These Baked Jalapeno Poppers boast the holy trinity of appetizers: creamy, cheesy, crunchy with a hint of spice AKA wickedly addicting. You can cook Baked jalapeño poppers using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked jalapeño poppers
- It’s 7 of large jalapeño.
- It’s 4 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 4 oz of hot breakfast sausage.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Monterey Jack cheese grated.
- It’s of Plain Japanese panko.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 3/4 cup of AP flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne.
- Prepare 1/2 of cumin.
- It’s 3 tsp of Emeril seasoning.
They are also incredibly simple to prepare and can be prepped ahead of time then just popped in the oven. To make, fresh jalapenos are sliced in half and loaded with a. One at a time, dredge in the flour, dip into the egg mixture, then dredge in the panko crumbs, pressing to coat. This crowd-pleasing jalapeno poppers recipe is made with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and bacon.
Baked jalapeño poppers instructions
- Wash and slice the jalapeño in half but retain the stem membrane so it’s closed in the back.
- Add egg to a bowl with 1 tsp Emeril essence and beat.
- Add flour to a bowl along with 2 tsp Emeril essence.
- Add 1 cup panko to a 3rd bowl.
- Cook the sausage until cooked and crumbled then drain on a paper towel..
- Mix the sausage, cream cheese, Monterey Jack, cayenne and cumin together really well..
- Evenly stuff each jalapeño with about a tbsp of the mixture, or as even as you can, and pack well..
- Start your oven to 350.
- Dredge each jalapeño in the flour then the egg and then the panko pressing the panko lightly on the top and the bottom into the panko, you won’t get a ton on the bottom so don’t sweat it. (This is when I use my olive oil sprayer to lightly spray the top of the panko so it will brown nicely but it’s optional).
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes and then crank to 500 to 550 broil for about 5 minutes until the top is brown, watch close..
- I serve mine with a spicy ranch but choose what you like, enjoy!.
This crowd-pleasing jalapeno poppers recipe is made with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and bacon.. yummy!! Baked Jalapeño Poppers – Mixing it Up. The other good reason why stuffed jalapeños are filled with cheese is they taste good that way! Hank and I decided to experiment with stuffed jalapeños this week. We stuffed them with cheddar, with jack, with pepper jack, with cream cheese, with bacon mixed with lots of other things, and we ended up with two favorites.