Rosemary Roast Lamb.
You can have Rosemary Roast Lamb using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rosemary Roast Lamb
- It’s of Leg Lamb Bone – In of.
- You need of Lemon.
- It’s of Garlic.
- Prepare of Rosemary.
- It’s of Thyme.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Black Pepper , ground.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of White Wine , bottle of.
- Prepare of Mint Jelly.
Rosemary Roast Lamb step by step
- Cut the lemon and heads of garlic in half, crosswise. Score the surface of the lamb and rub the lemon first, then open-faced garlic all over it. You may squeeze some lemon juice over the lamb as well if you prefer..
- Cut slits all over the lamb, and stuff each one with little slivers of sliced garlic. Keep the halved garlic heads for use when roasting the lamb..
- Press the salt and pepper all over the lamb. Make sure it is seasoned well on all sides. Pound the sprigs of fresh herbs lightly with the back of your knife to release some of the fragrant oils..
- Arrange the herb sprigs evenly on top and underneath the lamb. Drizzle all over with the olive oil and massage the meat a little to ensure penetration. Wrap the meat with the herbs tightly in plastic wrap/cling film and keep 2 hours to overnight in the refrigerator..
- On the day of serving, pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Unwrap the lamb and arrange it on the rack of your roasting pan. Arrange the halved garlic heads in the pan (under and around the lamb) and put on the middle rack of your oven..
- In a deep sauce pan, simmer the white wine for 30 minutes and then pour into the roasting pan. This will infuse your lamb with a citrus-y flavor..
- Baste your lamb with the drippings/liquid in the pan at the one hour point. Keep roasting for another 30 minutes. You can check for doneness at this point. If you have a meat thermometer, an internal temperature of 140 degrees will give you a medium to medium well roast..
- Remove your roast from the oven and pan; let it rest for 30 minutes. You can then transfer the roasting pan to your stove top and simmer the remaining liquid while stirring up all the flavorful bits stuck to the bottom of them pan..
- Serve the lamb with the sauce, and/or mint jelly..