Vickys Cauliflower & Cheese Bake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Cauliflower & Cheese Bake, GF DF EF SF NF using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Cauliflower & Cheese Bake, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 1 of large cauliflower cut into equal sized florets.
- You need 100 grams of bacon or ham, diced.
- It’s 6 of spring onions/scallions, chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 50 grams of dairy-free spread/butter i.e. Vitalite, Earth Balance.
- It’s 350 ml of rice milk / light coconut milk.
- You need 150 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare to taste of black pepper.
- Prepare 100 grams of cheese, grated. I use Violife vegan free-from brand.
Vickys Cauliflower & Cheese Bake, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and add the cauliflower pieces. Boil 5 minutes until cooked then drain.
- Preheat the oven to gas 7 / 220C / 425°F and set out an overproof dish.
- Add the butter and cornstarch to a pan and whisk in the milks. When it starts to boil and thicken take the pan off the heat and stir in the grated cheese.
- Add the cauliflower, onions and bacon to the cheese sauce and toss gently to coat.
- Pour into the ovenproof dish, sprinkle the top with some breadcrumbs if you like, then bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Great as a side with roast chicken or a light meal served with garlic bread.