Pancakes stuffed with walnuts – atayeb bi joz. When pillowy soft, fluffy pancakes are stuffed with warm, oozy Nutella, you simply don't need anything else. I added some strawberries for a pop of colour and freshness. Atayef (Pancakes Stuffed with Walnuts) are often served at Tu B'shvat, but are a special delicacy for any special occassion, including This is one of my favorite desserts.
Try this easy recipe for qatayef (Arabic pancakes), a dish commonly served during Ramadan. Qatayef is filled with either sweet cheese or nuts. In a small bowl, mix together the walnuts with the sugar. You can have Pancakes stuffed with walnuts – atayeb bi joz using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pancakes stuffed with walnuts – atayeb bi joz
- It’s of – For the batter:.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of warm water.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of dried yeast dissolved in 2 tablespoons of warm water.
- Prepare 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- Prepare of – Walnut stuffing:.
- It’s 300 g of walnuts, coarsely ground.
- It’s 9 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of rose water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water.
- It’s of – Sugar syrup:.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare of – For frying:.
- You need 6 cups of vegetable oil.
Add the orange blossom water if desired. Find pancakes stuffed stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. To make the walnut filling, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Pancakes stuffed with walnuts – atayeb bi joz instructions
- To prepare the sugar syrup: put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 min until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and pour the syrup in a large bowl..
- To prepare the batter: mix all the ingredients together. Leave to rest for 3 hr at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator..
- To prepare the walnut stuffing: mix all the ingredients together and set aside for later use..
- To prepare the atayef pancakes: delicately pour 1 large serving spoon of batter on a slightly greased pan. You should have an 8 cm diameter pancake. Cook on one side only. Bubbles will form on the surface of the dough. The pancakes are ready to be removed when the bubbles burst and the bottom of the pancake is slightly brown. The pancakes should be firm enough to be filled but they shouldn't be fully cooked. Repeat with the rest of the batter..
- Put 1 tablespoon of the walnut stuffing on the uncooked side of each pancake. Fold pancake over the filling in the shape of half-moon and firmly press the edges together to seal..
- Fry the atayef pancakes in batches in hot vegetable oil until both sides are golden. Remove on a kitchen absorbent paper. Pour the sugar syrup over the atayef while they are still warm..
- Serve at room temperature or cold..
Fluffy pancakes filled with warm, melted hazelnut chocolate are sure to start the weekend off right. For berry pancakes, add a cup of blueberries or strawberries to the batter. For banana pancakes, add a mashed ripe banana. Debbie heard that one of the pancake houses in Idaho Falls was serving stuffed pancakes. They were simply putting pastry filling between two pancakes. "I can do better than that," she thought.