Stir fried rice cake. Stir-fried Sticky Rice Cakes Recipe Instructions. Beef brisket, carrot, eggs, garlic, green bell pepper, ground black pepper, honey, mushrooms, onion, pine nuts, red bell pepper, rice cake, rice syrup, salt, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sugar, vegetable oil. Tteok-bokki (떡볶이; also spelled ddukbokki) or stir-fried rice cakes is a popular Korean food made from small-sized garae-tteok (long, white, cylinder-shaped rice cakes) called tteokmyeon.
Slices of soft and chewy sticky rice cakes are stir-fried with veggies, a protein of choice and savory sauce. A super easy savory version of using Chinese nian gao. This rice cake stir fry is a great for parties, pot luck and as snack for kids. You can have Stir fried rice cake using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stir fried rice cake
- You need 50 g of sliced rice cake.
- Prepare 50 g of fried tofu (mian jin and bai ye are also nice).
- Prepare 1 handful of Chinese greens (Bai cai, you cai, jie lan,…).
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 3-4 of small dried wood ear mushrooms.
- Prepare of Scallions.
- It’s 2 tsp of Shaoxing wine.
- It’s 2 tsp of Mushrooms stir-fry sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s of Sesame oil.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
For kids snacks, keep the seasoning light and do not add the leftover marinade sauce. Literally translated as "stir-fried rice cake", tteokbokki is made with garaetteok, a cylinder-shaped white rice cake. I've updated it here with more information, new photos and minor changes to the recipe. Do you want try it something new?
Stir fried rice cake step by step
- Soak the mushrooms in some hot water.
- Slice the garlic thinly and fry it briefly in a hot wok in some oil.
- Slice the mushrooms and stir fry briefly.
- Cut the greens in bite size bits of necessary and stir fry briefly..
- Slice the tofu and cut the scallions in 2 cm lengths, and add to the pan with the rice cakes.
- Stir fry for a minute, then add the Shaoxing wine, letting the alcohol evaporate then cover for a minute.
- Add the sugar, oyster sauce, soy sauces and a little of the water from the mushrooms and stir fry until everything is evenly coated..
- Add a few drops of sesame oil, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Welcome to a Korean traditional food. The dish is made with white rice cakes and vegetables. It is easy to prepare to cook. A quick and easy stir-fried kimchi rice cakes recipe that's satisfyingly chewy and sticky packed with umami and smokey flavours. Keyword kimchi, stir fried rice cakes, tteokbokki.