Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread.
You can cook Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter (room temperature).
- It’s 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 of large very ripe bananas (don't mash until ready to mix).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° & spray a glass 9×5 loaf pan with non stick spray..
- In a large bowl sift together all the dry ingredients except walnuts (flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa.) I sifted mine 3 times. This will ensure all your ingredients mix well and you won't overwork the batter..
- In a separate bowl use a hand mixer to blend all the wet ingredients until smooth (eggs, butter, vanilla, and brown sugar.) Set aside and mash your bananas with a fork (a few chunks are ok.) Once mashed combine bananas with the wet ingredients. Add the walnuts and give a quick stir..
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. I recommend doing this in batches. I did 4 batches, gently folding each with a spatula. Stir just enough to combine. You don't want to overwork the batter because it will result in a dense bread. Pour into prepared dish and place on center rack in oven..
- Bake at 350° for about an hour. Check for doneness by inserting a small knife or a wooden skewer into the center. It's done if it comes out clean. Ovens vary so cooking time may be a little different..
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 30 minutes. After that remove from pan and cool for another hour on a rack..