Easy Pizza baked pasta. The secret to success when making a pasta bake is simple: Always start with slightly uncooked pasta. Soggy, overcooked noodles are the quickest way to take this pizza-inspired casserole (or any pasta casserole, for that matter) from hero to zero in a flash. Pizza Pasta Bake is a super easy cheesy casserole with layers of pasta & tons of gooey cheese!
I've had things on my mind that push cooking to the back burner, or at least limit the energy I can devote to it. Fortunately, I'm realizing that there are many strategies for creating fulsome, hearty dishes without spending hours in the kitchen. This easy vegan pizza pasta bake is proof. You can have Easy Pizza baked pasta using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Pizza baked pasta
- It’s 1 box of penne pasta.
- Prepare 1 jar of spaghetti sauce.
- It’s 1 package of pepperoni.
- You need 1 of roll of sausage.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of package of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of Italian herbs and parmesan cheese.
It yields a soft, chewy crust. For a real treat, I recommend you use bread flour and bake it on a pizza stone, but all-purpose flour works well too. These easy, breezy pasta bakes mean you can enjoy your favorite comfort food without waiting over a pot of boiling water. Whether you're in the mood for mac and cheese, lasagna, or regular ol' noodles, we've got dozens of recipes for you to try.
Easy Pizza baked pasta step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. In a skillet cook and ground sausage fully, drain and set aside.
- Cook pasta as directed on box, I prefer penne pasta but any shape works.
- Mix pasta with herbs, sauce, sausage.
- Top with pepperoni and then sprinkle cheese on top and add more herbs and parmesan cheese on top of desired.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 30 minutes or more until pasta is heated throughly and cheese is nice and melted on top.
- You can serve with garlic bread if desired or a side salad. You can add another half of a jar of pasta sauce if desired to make it stay more moist if you’re planning on putting left overs in the fridge since pasta absorbs liquids and sauces.
In baking dish, mix pasta and pizza sauce. Add sausage-vegetable mixture, olives, mushrooms and basil; toss until well combined. Save some time when you prepare this Easy Pizza-Pasta Bake! Follow this fun, simple recipe for a delicious entrée any night of the week. And it's the easiest pizza I have ever made.