Old Fashioned Maple Walnut Fudge.
You can have Old Fashioned Maple Walnut Fudge using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned Maple Walnut Fudge
- It’s 2 cups of light brown sugar (packed).
- You need 1 cup (2 sticks) of sweet cream real butter not margarine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of + 2 tablespoons evaporated milk.
- You need 2 cups of sifted powdered sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of maple extract or pure maple syrup.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped toasted walnuts.
Old Fashioned Maple Walnut Fudge step by step
- In a heavy bottom pan, mix evaporated milk, brown sugar and 1 cup butter..
- Over medium heat, bring to a full boil..
- Reduce heat slightly, just enough to keep it bubbling but not full rolling boil..
- Stirring constantly, boil for 10 minutes..
- Remove from heat and stir in sifted powdered sugar, vanilla and maple extract or maple syrup..
- With stand or hand held mixer, beat on medium high for 3 minutes..
- Add chopped walnuts and pour into prepared 8×8 inch pan or 9×9 lined with parchment paper or foil that has been buttered..
- Leave enough paper or foil to hang over sides to remove from pan easier..
- Let cool at room temperature completely..
- Cover tightly in air tight container after cutting into squares..
- I like to refrigerate mine after it cools to room temperature before cutting. But you don't have to..
- This is very rich and I cut mine into small squares. Enjoy.