Sig's German style Kugel.
You can cook Sig's German style Kugel using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's German style Kugel
- Prepare 250 g of fettuccine.
- It’s 2 of tablespoonful of a good sunflower oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a medium onion, chopped or finely sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of caster sugar.
- It’s 3-4 of eggs, whisked.
- You need 1 of small tablespoon of salt.
- You need 1 pinch of each of nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice.
- It’s 1 of teaspoonful ground pepper.
Sig's German style Kugel step by step
- First preheat the oven to 100°C.
- Bring a pot with water to boil. Use this to cook the pasta according to your instructions on the package.
- Whilst you are cooking the pasta use half the oil and heat it on the stove, add the onions and fry until they take on a deep golden colour.
- Add the sugar and the rest of the oil until all the sugar is dissolved and it becomes a little sticky. About 5 minutes..
- Whisk the eggs thoroughly..
- Mix the onions with the noodles when ready in a bowl and leave to cool. Season with salt and pepper and add the other spices.Poor over the eggs and mix..
- Put the egg and noodle mix into a loaf tin. Cover with some baking paper or tinfoil.
- Bake for 8-10 hours on low temperature of 100°C.
- Remove from oven, cool a little.When the tin is cool enough to handle apply a little pressure on the sides of the tin so that the Kugel can drop out gently onto a serving dish. Sprinkle with a little sugar and serve..