You can cook Russian Borsh using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Russian Borsh
- You need 1 large of beet grated.
- It’s 1 medium of onion diced.
- You need 1 medium of carrot grated.
- It’s 1 of celery diced.
- It’s 2 medium of potatoes quartered.
- You need 1/2 head of cabbage thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 lb of beef or veal stew.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomatoe paste.
- Prepare 10 cup of water.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic cut in halves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
Russian Borsh step by step
- pour the oil in a pot, sautee onions until golden..
- Throw in the grated carrots and the grated beets..
- stir and leave to saute for about 10 minutes..
- Add the tomato paste, stir and leave for another 10 minutes..
- Add the meat, potatoes, and the garlic.
- Add water to the pot, and bring to boil.
- cover partially, lower the heat to medium/low.
- let simmer for about an hour.
- In an hour, add the diced celery and the sliced cabbage.
- Cook for another 30 minutes until the cabbage is soft..
- pour into a bowl, with a dallop of sour cream (optional).