Stir-fried Lettuce with Egg. Stir-fried lettuce is refreshing, quick, easy to make, and goes with just about any dish you can think of in my opinion. Both romaine and iceberg lettuce are great Stir-fry everything together, using a scooping motion to coat the lettuce uniformly with the oil. BREAK the eggs into a large bowl.
Apart from this easy stir-fry lettuce dish, in Cantonese cuisine there is a dish that is very popular called Stir-fried lettuce with Oyster Sauce. Some people also call it "Lettuce with Oyster Sauce" and in Chinese it's translated to "蠔油生菜". Whatever you call it, it's an extremely delicious dish. You can cook Stir-fried Lettuce with Egg using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stir-fried Lettuce with Egg
- It’s 1/2 of small head of lettuce (140 g).
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
Try different lettuce varieties, I used romane tonight since its what was on hand. I also didn't have sesamee oil tonight so I used walnut oil and it was still a winner. I like to toss in some toasted sesame seeds and if I have them on hand a green onion, chopped, is nice to add with the lettuce. Lettuce is commonly eaten raw as a salad.
Stir-fried Lettuce with Egg instructions
- Ear the lettuce into bite sized pieces..
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the egg. Once half cooked, stir in the lettuce, and add salt and pepper..
- Possible Pairing Bread, lettuce & egg stir-fry, soy milk banana drink Preparation for the night before Tear off the lettuce, or use commercially available cut lettuce. You can also use cabbage, green peppers, or frozen vegetables. You can also put in tuna with umami flavor, "chikuwa" (grilled fish paste) and so on. 112 kcal per serving.
However, if you ever want to cook it, try this simple and quick stir-fry lettuce recipe with oyster sauce and. I know… it sounds weird, most of us are put-off when the lettuce goes all wilty in a sandwich, but when the right kind of lettuce is quickly sauteed over high heat it makes a delicious vegetable side dish. It retains its crisp texture and the greens become almost fluorescent in color. Stir-frying is a great way to use up your overabundance of lettuce This recipe calls for romaine, but you can try it with whatever you have on hand, as long as it's sturdy enough to stand up to some heat In China, where lettuce symbolizes prosperity and wealth, a simpler dish made with the lettuce only is. I also love to eat the Stir-Fried Chicken filling straight out of the bowl with a little brown rice on the side, which makes for a simple leftover lunch as well.