Jap Chae (stir fried sweet potato glass noodles). Beef, carrot, eggs, garlic, green onion, ground black pepper, onion, red bell pepper, salt, sesame oil, sesame seeds, shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, spinach, starch noodles, sugar, vegetable oil, white oyster mushrooms. The most comprehensive and authentic Japchae (Korean glass noodle stir fry) recipe! But nowadays, the main highlight of the dish is glass noodles, which is made from sweet potatoes, along with colorful vegetables and well seasoned meat.
Japchae (잡채) literally means "mixed vegetables." But the main ingredient of this classic dish is Korean sweet potato starch noodles (dangmyeon), also known as glass noodles. A springy & chewy Korean glass noodle stir fry recipe (Japchae / ChapChae) seasoned lightly with sweet soy sauce, sesame oil and a. Dangmyeon noodles: These are the traditional sweet potato noodles (also known as "glass noodles") used to make japchae. You can have Jap Chae (stir fried sweet potato glass noodles) using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jap Chae (stir fried sweet potato glass noodles)
- Prepare 150 g of sweet potato noodles.
- You need 1 of green capsicum.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of Spring onion.
- Prepare 500 g of fresh spinach.
- Prepare of Bean sprouts.
- Prepare of Minced garlic.
- It’s 1 of Table soon of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of roasted sesame seeds.
Stir-fry sauce: Which is made with a simple mix of low-sodium soy sauce (or tamari), maple syrup and toasted sesame oil. Japchae is a very popular Korean stir-fried sweet potato noodles. The noodles are round, thick, and almost translucent. Recipe is adapted from Easy Korean Cooking cookbook by Cecilia Hae-Jin Lee.
Jap Chae (stir fried sweet potato glass noodles) instructions
- Soak noodles in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. I do this off the stove..
- Boil spinach for 1- 2 minutes and drain. Squeeze out excess moisture..
- Chopped ingredients as shown..
- Stir fry onions, carrot, green capsicum and spring onion.
- Add garlic and bean sprouts..
- Add noodle and combine veg well.
- Add chopped spinach and mix well..
- Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil..
- Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds to finish..
- I had this with spicy pork bulgogi.
Japchae is made with Korean potato starch glass noodles, which are surprisingly light, and completely gluten-free! Heat up a skillet over medium high heat. Change up dinner with a stir-fry featuring tender sweet potato noodles and a sweet and savory sauce. Add the oil to the skillet and heat over medium-high heat. A savory, sweet and nutty Japchae Recipe that marries chewy Korean glass noodles with stir-fried veggies.