Braised chicken in pomegranate and walnut sauce. I served this Braised Pomegranate Chicken with Walnut Sauce with Scented Saffron Rice and Roasted Cauliflower "Gratin." If you like sweet and tangy, you will love this Pomegranate Chicken and Walnut dish. Don't let the walnut sauce throw you. It is so rich and creamy that you will think it.
Turn down the heat and simmer until the sauce is reduced and. Add the reduced pomegranate juice mixture, ground toasted walnuts, and chicken. Check to make sure the sauce is thickened and the chicken is cooked through and knife tender. You can have Braised chicken in pomegranate and walnut sauce using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Braised chicken in pomegranate and walnut sauce
- It’s 500 gm of chicken thigh (with bones ).
- You need 1 of yellow onion grind to paste.
- Prepare 1 of tomato grind to paste.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 4 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- It’s 200 grm of walnuts( toasted).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of all spices powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 liter of cold water.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need of chicken marinade.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
Add the ground walnuts, pomegranate molasses, brown sugar, saffron, cumin and the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the sauce, turn to coat and season with. Notes: Pomegranate molasses, sometimes called pomegranate syrup, is available in most Middle Eastern markets. It has the color and consistency of molasses but is simply reduced pomegranate juice, without added sugar.
Braised chicken in pomegranate and walnut sauce instructions
- Grind walnuts until extremely fine with a paste like consistency.
- In a heavy bottomed panadd walnuts and cold water. Bring to boil and cook for 3-4 minutes.turn heat to simmer.Partially cover with lid and let cook for 2 hours ;stir occasionally to prevent walnuts from sticking..
- Marinate chicken in salt and paprika powder for 30 minutes..
- Heat butter and olive oil in a nonstick skillet on medium heat.Add chicken pieces and brown on all sides.Remove and keep aside..
- To the same skillet add onion paste; saute until brown and all the water has dried up.Remove and keep aside..
- Once the walnut sauce has thickened and reduced in quantity, add chicken pieces, onion paste and the remaining ingredients. Cover and let cover over low heat for 45 minutes until chicken is cooked through..
- Taste seasoning and adjust accordingly..
- Cook uncovered on high heat for 10 minutes so the sauce thickens around the chicken pieces. Turn heat off..
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve hot with steamed rice..
This stew is wonderful eaten the day after cooking and can be. How to Make Chicken in Pomegranate & Walnut Sauce. Put chicken in a deep pot and cover with water. Pomegranate juice is available at most grocery stores. Return the chicken and any juices to the pan, spooning some of the sauce on top.