Plantain rings. Plantain definition: A plantain is a type of green banana which can be cooked and eaten as a vegetable. Plantain, major group of banana varieties that are a staple food crop in many tropical areas. The edible fruit of plantain bananas has more starch than the common dessert banana and is not eaten raw.
Plantain is a widespread weed found in virtually every lawn in America. It's low profile and non-aggressive habit often leave it protected from the homeowner. However, as is common with many. You can cook Plantain rings using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Plantain rings
- Prepare of Plantain.
- You need of Minced meat.
- You need of Egg.
- Prepare of Scoth bonnet.
- You need of Green pepper.
- You need of Onion.
- You need of Garlic.
- You need of Seasoning.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Oil for deep frying.
PLANTAINS, can we ever tire of them? Truly a mainstay amongst our Caribbean fruits, it is enjoyed in many different ways especially in the Spanish Caribbean style. lanceolata plant plantago plantain ribwort narrowleaf plantagolanceolata lambstongue ribleaf. Important differences between the plantain tree and the banana, as well as eating suggestions, cultivation information and how the plant produces fruit. Serving suggestions for the fruit are given at.
Plantain rings step by step
- Peel and cut the plantain vertically into four long strips. Add little salt and deep fry for few minutes till translucent (just for it to be soft bt not browned). Strain and allow to lightly cool..
- Form a ring (circle) wit the plantain using a toothpick to clip the edge..
- Add 1 spoon of oil into a frying pan, add garlic, grinded scoth bonnet and thinly diced onions and stir fry for two minutes. Add minced meat, seasoning and little salt and stir fry for 5 minutes. Finally add thinly diced green pepper and stir fry for another 2 minutes. Remove from fire and allow to cool completely. Transfer into a bowl, break egg into it to make it sticky, then set aside..
- Fill the rounded plantain carefully with the minced meat mixture. Just like in the picture below..
- Get a bowl, crack egg inside and lightly beat it wit a fork. Put oil on medium heat, once hot, gently pick up the plantain rings and put inside egg and coat it well wit d egg, then drop it inside the oil. Fry both sides until golden in colour. Remove from oil and strain. Gently remove the toothpick..
- Voila!!! Serve as breakfast, snack or as side dish..
The plantain looks like a banana, but it's treated differently in food. Learn how to cook the tropical fruit and why it's used more like a potato in recipes. The banana is a crop from the genus Musa. Its fruits are edible, and are generally used for cooking. This is different from the soft and sweet banana (which is often called dessert banana).