Apple, Walnut, Raisin, Empanada. The girls and boys in my junior high home economics classes like this cake because it's not too sweet. I like it because it has high fiber and nutritional value—the apples are used unpeeled. Parents who have apple trees are always glad to donate the apples!
An empanada is a type of baked or fried turnover consisting of pastry and filling, common in Southern European, Latin American, Indonesian and Filipino cultures. Another classic with Ernie (Jim Henson) and Cookie Monster (Frank Oz). This is one of those sketches where even a kid can easily figure out what's going to. You can have Apple, Walnut, Raisin, Empanada using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple, Walnut, Raisin, Empanada
- It’s 4 of large firm apples.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chunky cinnamon apple sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of walnuts.
- It’s 2/3 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 10 of large discos/empanada pastries.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need As needed of peanut oil to medium fry in.
- It’s As needed of equal amounts of cinnamon and sugar mixed.
I have tried it with pecans, but if you don't eat it right away, the pecans do soften up a bit from the moisture in the apples. Crunchy cabbage, apples and walnuts- delicious option for dinner. As peanuts are very popular in the American diet, walnuts are part of the Eastern European diet. They grow in abundance in that part of the world and many dessert recipes use them.
Apple, Walnut, Raisin, Empanada step by step
- Toast the walnuts in a dry pan. Let them cool just a bit and chop them into pieces..
- Peel and core the apples. I used a melon baller to remove the cores. It's easier and less waste of the apple. Add the honey, raisins, salt, cinnamon, apple sauce, and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer, and simmer 15 minutes..
- Add the walnuts stir in allow to simmer 15 minutes. Cover and let cool. Start getting the discos at room temperature..
- Heat the oil. Then add about 1/4 cup in the center of a disco. Fold over and crimp the joining edges. Cut 3 slits into the dough to allow steam to escape whilst frying. Fry golden to dark brown. Move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Apple Pie Empanadas from Delish.com put all other apple pies to shame. Transfer rounds to prepared baking sheets. Add a generous tablespoon of apple mixture to the center of each. Brush egg around edges of each round. These dessert empanadas with a cinnamon apple filling and dulce de leche are a wonderful treat.