Walnut Pesto. A traditional winter pesto made from parsley and walnuts instead of basil and pine nuts. I usually think of pesto as a summer food, given the way the basil takes over in the garden. This Basil Walnut Pesto isn't one of them.
Pesto is deceptively easy to make and so tasty, you'll wonder why you don't make it more often. Walnut Pesto. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This Basil Walnut Pesto is chock full of healthy fats, specifically from a superfood nut. You can have Walnut Pesto using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Walnut Pesto
- Prepare 1 cup of dried basil.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of dried parsley flakes.
- It’s 1/3 cup of lemon juice.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of walnuts.
- You need 2/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- It’s As needed of warm water.
Substitute pine nuts for the walnuts if you'd like. Blended in a single minute, this creamy pesto recipe yields enough sauce to coat a pound of pasta for an easy dinner fresh from the herb garden. This pesto is easy to make and can be kept on-hand for several days. This pesto also makes a tasty sandwich spread or veggie dip.
Walnut Pesto instructions
- Measure out the parsley and basil. Add water and stir getting any dry lumps totally wet. Let sit 10 minutes. Have just enough water to barely cover the herbs. Let sit for 10 minutes covered.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend into a paste. It's ready to use. Can store in refrigerator in an airtight container for 3 weeks. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Combine the arugula, walnuts, roasted and raw garlic into a food processor. Because the pesto is so dependent on the individual ingredients, and the strength of the ingredients depends on the season. The Walnut Pesto recipe out of our category Pesto! Place spinach, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Superfood Walnut Pesto, loaded up with healthy power greens, this walnut pesto Here's a nutritious lunch idea to help make things easier during the busy work week- Superfood Walnut Pesto Noodles!