Candied Walnuts. Around the holidays, candied walnuts make a great party snack. This candied walnuts recipe is lightly sweetened, easy to make, and so irresistibly delicious. Friends, I have a new candied walnuts recipe for us this season!
Since this recipe seemed easy enough, I used Splenda in place of the cup of sugar. This recipe for candied walnuts is walnut halves coated in a sweet cinnamon sugar mixture and baked to crispy and crunchy perfection. It's butter lettuce with blue cheese, apples and candied walnuts. You can cook Candied Walnuts using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Candied Walnuts
- It’s 8 oz of walnut halves.
- It’s 1 of egg white.
- You need 1 tsp of water.
- It’s 75 g of granulated sugar.
- It’s 75 g of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray. Candied Walnuts are awesome for holiday appetizers, baking, snacking, and so much more. Candied walnuts are often found in salads or served as a tasty snack. These sweet nuts can also top a rich cheese, such as brie.
Candied Walnuts instructions
- Mix water and egg white in a bowl until frothy. Toss the walnuts in and coat well..
- Mix the dry ingredients together well and add to the bowl, making sure walnuts are thoroughly coated..
- Spread in a single layer on a silicone mat or lightly greased aluminum foil and bake in a preheated 150 degree Celsius oven for 30 minutes, flipping the nuts midway..
These Brown Sugar Candied Walnuts will be your go-to topping for sweets, salads, and snack mixes! But watch out or you might just find yourself eating the whole batch by the handful! Candied Walnuts are great for salads, baking, snacking, gifting, and more! You will love the crunchy, sweet, and oh so. How Do You Use Candied Walnuts?