Spaghetti and Lamb Bolognese. A hearty and traditional pasta sauce favorite with a ground lamb makeover. Served with a twist of feta and mint, this is the perfect stick to your ribs. This zucchini noodle spaghetti bolognese is a healthier spin on your classic weeknight spaghetti dinner.
Everyone needs a basic spaghetti Bolognese recipe that still tastes great, no matter how simple. Get that depth of flavour by cooking the sauce very gently until it's super rich. This is designed to be a low cost recipe. You can have Spaghetti and Lamb Bolognese using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti and Lamb Bolognese
- You need of favorite marinara (1 jar).
- It’s of ground lamb.
- Prepare of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare of angel hair pasta.
- Prepare of salt (to taste).
- You need of black pepper (to taste).
- Prepare of garlic powder (to taste).
Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose. Spaghetti Bolognese is a classic Italian meat sauce that is a staple in most families. My super simple Spaghetti Bolognese is the perfect dinner for any night of the week and will wow your family or guests. Traditionally, bolognese uses a mixture of ground beef and veal to create a rich, meaty sauce that's perfect for spooning over thick noodles like pappardelle.
Spaghetti and Lamb Bolognese step by step
- In medium saucepan, warm marinara on low heat..
- Season ground lamb with salt, pepper, and garlic powder..
- Preheat large skillet on high heat..
- Add seasoned lamb to skillet and cook until completely browned..
- Remove lamb from skillet and add to marinara (leaving as much of the cooking juices in the skillet as possible)..
- Reduce heat to medium then add onions and a pinch of salt to the skillet..
- Continue to sweat onions until tender..
- Remove onions from skillet and add to marinara..
- Prepare pasta as directed on package..
- Plate desired amount of pasta and sauce then enjoy. Best served with a warm French loaf and great glass of wine..
Using ground lamb adds a complexity and distinctness to the classic sauce. This recipe also differs in that it incorporates some slightly. A traditional spaghetti Bolognese recipe with homemade Bolognese sauce and tender beef, making this a family favourite. Time to ditch the readymade sauce! Spaghetti Bolognese is a classic everywhere in the world except for Italy where it doesn't exist.