Baked Omelette. update: So much better than a regular omelet. Introducing the Baked Western Omelet, which is an easy and healthy way to serve eggs to a crowd! Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner!
This baked Denver omelet is really a frittata with ham, bell pepper, onion, and Cheddar cheese — all the classic ingredients of the original. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper; pour over vegetable mixture. The baked omelette in the casserole dish can be sliced and served with fork and knife, while the baked omelettes in the cocotte can be simply enjoyed with a spoon. You can cook Baked Omelette using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Omelette
- It’s 5 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of cottage cheese.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Monterey Jack cheese.
- You need 1 can (127 mL) of green chilies.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of melted butter (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of cooked and crumbled bacon (optional).
This recipe is very flexible, so feel free to swap the toppings with other toppings of your choice. Just make sure any raw meat toppings are fully cooked before you put them in the. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in the cheese, ham, green pepper and onion.
Baked Omelette instructions
- Mix dry ingredients..
- Beat eggs and slowly stir in dry ingredients..
- Stir in cottage cheese, chilies, and grated Monterey Jack cheese..
- If adding melted butter (not necessary), add now..
- If adding bacon, add just before stirring and pouring into greased pie plate..
- Bake at 400⁰ for 15 min. Reduce heat to 350⁰ and continue baking for another 30 min. Insert toothpick in center and continue baking until toothpick comes out clean..
- Can also be done as egg bites in cupcake pan. Around 22 min. in a 350⁰ oven. Rotate once halfway..
Baked Omelet Squares Scrambled eggs with mushrooms, olives, ham, jalapenos, and Cheddar cheese, baked until firm, then cut into individual square portions. Great for a holiday brunch with sausage, and easily adapted with your favorite ingredients. Add all your favorite omelet toppings and fillings, and breakfast is served. Omelet Recipes Try an omelet for a healthy and hearty breakfast. Whether you're looking for a a vegetable,ham, cheese or egg white omelet, this collection of omelet recipes is sure to satisfy.