Lemon Cream Cheese Almond Cake.
You can have Lemon Cream Cheese Almond Cake using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Cream Cheese Almond Cake
- It’s of Topping.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of lemon zest.
- It’s 1/2 cup of almond slices.
- Prepare of Cake.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/8 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/8 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 10 tbsp of unsalted butter, softened but still cool.
- It’s 1 1/8 cup of sugar.
- You need 5 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
- You need 4 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 4 large of eggs.
- You need 5 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese, softened.
Lemon Cream Cheese Almond Cake step by step
- FOR THE TOPPING: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350°. Spray 10-inch tube pan with vegetable oil spray. Stir sugar and lemon zest in small bowl until combined and sugar is moistened. Stir in almonds; set aside..
- FOR THE CAKE: Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in medium bowl; set aside. Using stand mixer fitted with paddle, beat butter, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, and lemon zest on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined. Add 4 teaspoons vanilla and mix to combine. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with 2 additions of sour cream, scraping down bowl as needed. Give batter final stir by hand..
- Reserve 1 1/4 cups batter and set aside. Spoon remaining batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Return now-empty bowl to mixer and beat cream cheese, remaining 5 tablespoons sugar, lemon juice, and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla on medium speed until smooth and slightly lightened, about 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup reserved batter and mix until incorporated. Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over batter, keeping filling about 1 inch from edges of pan; smooth top. Spread remaining 1 cup reserved batter over filling and smooth top. With butter knife or offset spatula, gently swirl filling into batter using figure-eight motion, being careful to not drag filling to bottom or edges of pan. Firmly tap pan on counter 2 or 3 times to dislodge any bubbles. Sprinkle sugar topping evenly over batter and gently press into batter to adhere..
- Bake until top is golden and just firm, and skewer inserted in cake comes out clean (skewer will be wet if inserted in cream cheese filling), 45 to 50 minutes. Remove pan from oven and firmly tap on counter 2 or 3 times (top of cake may sink slightly). Let cake cool in pan on wire rack for 1 hour. Gently invert cake onto rimmed baking sheet (cake will be topping side down); remove tube pan, place wire rack on top of cake, and invert cake sugar side up. Let cool to room temperature, about 1 1/2 hours, before serving..